Delivering the warmth and natural sound of a classic ribbon microphone, Audio-Technica's handcrafted AT4081 offers a robust build for long-lasting performance and higher output for maximum compatibility with microphone preamplifiers. With its low-profile stick design, this microphone is a natural for use on a wide range of instruments (horns, strings, drum overheads, orchestras and more) and guitar cabinets in recording studios and live-sound settings.
Equally at home in recording studios and live-sound settings, the microphone features Audio-Technica's innovative MicroLinearTM ribbon imprint, which protects the dual ribbons from lateral flexing and distortion. With 18 patents pending, Audio-Technica's innovative ribbon transducer advances the evolution of ribbon microphone design. Experience the difference.
- Low-profile stick design maximizes placement options
- Smooth, warm and natural sound tuned for instrument reproduction
- Audio-Technica ribbon design with 18 patents pending including proprietary MicroLinearTM ribbon imprint for superior durability
- Innovative dual ribbon construction for increased sensitivity
- Extremely powerful N50 neodymium magnets for high output level
- Superfine mesh guards against ribbon damage
- High-SPL capability and extended frequency response
- Handmade production - including ribbon corrugation, imprint and assembly
- Phantom-powered active electronics provide stable impedance and higher output for maximum compatibility with microphone preamplifiers
- Certified by the METAlliance (Music Engineering and Technology Alliance)
- ELEMENT Ribbon
- POLAR PATTERN Figure-of-eight
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE 30-18,000 Hz
- OPEN CIRCUIT SENSITIVITY -42 dB (7.9 mV), re 1V at 1 Pa
- IMPEDANCE 100 ohms
- MAXIMUM INPUT SOUND LEVEL 150 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- NOISE 25 dB SPL
- DYNAMIC RANGE (TYPICAL) 125 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- SIGNAL-TO-NOISE RATIO 69 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- PHANTOM POWER REQUIREMENTS 48V DC, 3.0 mA typical
- WEIGHT 152 g (5.4 oz)
- DIMENSIONS 155.0 mm (6.10") long,
- 21.0 mm (0.83") maximum body diameter
- OUTPUT CONNECTOR Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- ACCESSORIES FURNISHED AT8471 isolation clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter; windscreen; protective carrying case
- AUDIO-TECHNICA CASE STYLE S13
Note: Pictured with stand (sold separately).