The Galileo loudspeaker management system is an elegant hardware and software solution for driving and aligning loudspeaker systems comprised of multiple zones. The system includes the one rack space Galileo 408 processor, with four inputs and eight outputs and a fully digital matrix processor, and the Compass control software for comprehensive control of all parameters from a Windows® or Mac® computer. The Compass software's intuitive user interface is the result of Meyer Sound's years of experience optimizing complex systems.
The Galileo 408 processor shares the same 24-bit, 96 kHz audio quality and 32-bit floating point internal processing as its predecessor, the Galileo 616, though with fewer inputs and outputs. Designed as the perfect complement to Meyer Sound’s self-powered loudspeakers, the Galileo system includes array compensation for M Series array products, presets for Meyer Sound loudspeakers of various sizes and types, and digital implementations of popular features developed by Meyer Sound over the years for its acclaimed analog processors, including air absorption compensation filters and equalization.
The Galileo 408 can be connected directly to the SIM 3 audio analyzer, providing complete measurement and control for integrated audio systems.
- Four inputs - analog, AES/EBU or a mixture - and 8 analog outputs with full matrix mixing and routing
- Robust outputs easily drive Meyer Sound self-powered loudspeaker systems over long cable runs
- Fixed latency across all output channels regardless of any processing applied
- Monolithic, 1 GHz vector DSP architecture
- A/D/A conversion with 24-bit resolution at 96 kHz; digital inputs converted to 96 kHz sampling rate
- All internal processing performed at 96 kHz, 32-bit floating point resolution
- Compact, single rack space unit
- Ethernet connection for remote control from Compass software running on Windows and Mac computers and wireless devices
- Up to 2 seconds of delay on inputs and outputs
- Presets for Meyer Sound loudspeakers, including Array compensation for Meyer Sound line array products
- TruShaping EQ and Composite EQ filtering that yields the desired corrections with the least impact on phase response
- Direct connection and compatibility with Meyer Sound's SIM 3 audio analyzer